By Delores Jones-Brown,Beverly Frazier,Marvie Brooks
Does justice exist for Blacks in the United States? This finished compilation of essays files the old and modern influence of the legislation and felony justice process on humans of African ancestry within the United States.
• a hundred and twenty A–Z entries on race and felony justice and well-known or notorious African American crime perpetrators or victims
• Contributions from greater than 50 uncommon students from many felony justice/criminology educational courses around the country
• An index of key folks, occasions, and legislation
Read Online or Download African Americans and Criminal Justice: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia PDF
Best social sciences reference books
The old Dictionary of Eritrea bargains a uniquely accomplished account of the background, tradition, and top personalities of Africa's most up-to-date self sustaining state. as a result of isolation and threat imposed via Eritrea's 30-year warfare for nationwide independence, and the unavoidably secretive operations of its guerrilla leaders, there was a dearth of scholarship on so much elements of the recent nation's historical past, and no finished debts of its people's lengthy fight for independence from Ethiopia.
Tavistock Press was once verified as a co-operative enterprise among the Tavistock Institute and Routledge & Kegan Paul (RKP) within the Fifties to supply a sequence of significant contributions around the social sciences. This quantity is a part of a 2001 reissue of a variety of these vital works that have seeing that long past out of print, or are tricky to find.
This publication provides a finished evaluation of worldwide courtship and marriage customs, from old heritage to modern society, demonstrating the large changes in addition to the similarities throughout all of human tradition. • Over three hundred topical entries prepared in alphabetical order make this booklet a complete, easy-to-use source• "Further examining" sections following every one access advertise deeper examine• pictures of assorted components of marriage ceremony celebrations illustrate the textual content
The sixteen-volume instruction manual of center American Indians, accomplished in 1976, has been acclaimed internationally because the unmarried most useful source ever produced for these interested by the learn of Mesoamerica. whilst it was firm in 1978 that the guide could be up-to-date periodically, Victoria Reifler Bricker, recognized cultural anthropologist, was once elected to be normal editor.
- Historical Dictionary of Malta (Historical Dictionaries of Europe)
- Bewusstseinskultur und Gesundheit: Eine prospektive, randomisierte und kontrollierte Studie zur spirituellen Praxis von Brustkrebspatientinnen (Wissenschaftliche ... aus dem Tectum-Verlag 72) (German Edition)
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary American Culture (Encyclopedias of Contemporary Culture)
- Critical Path Analysis in Practice: Collected papers on project control: Volume 18 (International Behavioural and Social Sciences, Classics from the Tavistock Press)
Extra resources for African Americans and Criminal Justice: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia