By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy offers a old history, information the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions wanting recognition in destiny learn. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is finished in its insurance and may definitely have huge attraction. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, average historical past, comparative body structure, anatomy and lots of different fields will locate whatever new and exciting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers a whole evaluation of a major and immensely attention-grabbing sector of research
- Provides a standpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains a variety of illustrations in addition to finished charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of the entire recognized air-breathing species with very important facts on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read Online or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Similar marine biology books
Squid, cuttlefish and octopuses, which shape the marine mollusc team the cephalopods, are of serious and lengthening curiosity to marine biologists, physiologists, ecologists, environmental biologists and fisheries scientists. Cephalopods: ecology and fisheries is an intensive overview of this most vital animal crew.
Advances in Marine Biology includes updated studies of all parts of marine technology, together with fisheries technology and macro/micro fauna. every one quantity includes peer-reviewed papers detailing the ecology of marine areas. updated experiences on marine biologyParticular concentrate on plankton, fisheries, and crustaceaVolume 31 contains taxonomic index, cumulative index of titles, and cumulative index of authors for Volumes 1-31
Human-induced environmental disturbance - via fishery actions, coastal improvement, tourism and pollutants - is a tremendous problem to the recovery and conservation of marine biodiversity. Synthesizing the newest study into marine biodiversity conservation and fisheries administration, this ebook presents local and worldwide views at the function of Marine safe components (MPAs) in confronting this problem.
Written as a stand-alone textbook for college students and an invaluable reference for execs in govt and personal businesses, educational associations, and specialists, Ecology and Conservation of Fishes presents extensive, finished, and systematic assurance of all aquatic structures from the mountains to the oceans.
- Underwater Acoustics and Ocean Dynamics: Proceedings of the 4th Pacific Rim Underwater Acoustics Conference
- Passive Acoustic Monitoring of Cetaceans
- Biology of Perch
- Biological Oceanography
- Ecology of Australian Temperate Reefs: The Unique South
Additional resources for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation