By Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger
The Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into physiology and Function is an exact, distinctive, absolutely illustrated, descriptive, and functionally orientated textual content at the anatomy and morphology of dolphins. It makes a speciality of a few delphinid species, with keynotes on vital dolphin-like genera, equivalent to the harbor porpoise. It additionally serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing traits and emphases in molecular biology and genetics.
The authors proportion their life-long services on marine mammals in a number of disciplines. Written as a crew instead of being ready as a set of separate contributions, the result's a uniform and finished type, giving all of the diversified themes acceptable area. Many colour figures, which use the authors’ entry to large collections of specific dolphin and whale fabric, around out this unparalleled supplying to the field.
- Includes fine quality illustrations, drawings, halftone paintings, photographic documentations, microphotos, and tables detailing dolphin anatomy, functionality, and morphology
- Facilitates schooling and coaching of scholars of all easy examine and technologies devoted to marine biology and the treatment of marine mammals
- Brings jointly the present wisdom and data in this subject, together with these in vague prior or non-English guides, or scattered in brief chapters in volumes
- Covers a few delphinid species and serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing traits in molecular biology and genetics
Read or Download Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function PDF
Similar marine biology books
Squid, cuttlefish and octopuses, which shape the marine mollusc staff the cephalopods, are of significant and extending curiosity to marine biologists, physiologists, ecologists, environmental biologists and fisheries scientists. Cephalopods: ecology and fisheries is a radical evaluation of this most crucial animal team.
Advances in Marine Biology comprises up to date experiences of all components of marine technological know-how, together with fisheries technological know-how and macro/micro fauna. each one quantity comprises peer-reviewed papers detailing the ecology of marine areas. up to date stories on marine biologyParticular specialise in plankton, fisheries, and crustaceaVolume 31 contains taxonomic index, cumulative index of titles, and cumulative index of authors for Volumes 1-31
Human-induced environmental disturbance - via fishery actions, coastal improvement, tourism and pollutants - is a tremendous problem to the recovery and conservation of marine biodiversity. Synthesizing the most recent learn into marine biodiversity conservation and fisheries administration, this booklet presents neighborhood and international views at the function of Marine secure components (MPAs) in confronting this problem.
Written as a stand-alone textbook for college students and an invaluable reference for pros in executive and personal corporations, educational associations, and specialists, Ecology and Conservation of Fishes offers extensive, accomplished, and systematic insurance of all aquatic platforms from the mountains to the oceans.
- Environmental Studies of a Marine Ecosystem: South Texas Outer Continental Shelf
- Physiology of Molluscs: A Collection of Selected Reviews, Two-Volume Set
- Typhoon Impact and Crisis Management (Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research)
- Biology and Culture of Percid Fishes: Principles and Practices
- DNA Barcoding in Marine Perspectives: Assessment and Conservation of Biodiversity
- Marine and Coastal Geographical Information Systems (Research Monographs in GIS)
Extra resources for Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function