By Joan Serra Hoffman,Lyndee Knox,Robert Cohen
This exam of adlescent violence presents readers with insights from overseas specialists and real-life examples of ways international locations and groups world wide have effectively handled the issue.
• comprises contributions from over 20 foreign specialists describing measures to handle adolescence violence in the political, social, cultural, and financial contexts in their environments
• 12 case reports illustrate a few of the conceptual and programmatic methods for knowing, fighting, and decreasing formative years violence in numerous countries
• Over 50 citations of seminal study and programmatic works within the components of public health and wellbeing, restorative justice, and resilience-based ways to early life violence
Read Online or Download Beyond Suppression: Global Perspectives on Youth Violence (Global Crime and Justice) PDF
Similar social sciences reference books
The old Dictionary of Eritrea bargains a uniquely finished account of the heritage, tradition, and prime personalities of Africa's most up-to-date autonomous country. as a result of isolation and risk imposed through Eritrea's 30-year warfare for nationwide independence, and the unavoidably secretive operations of its guerrilla leaders, there was a dearth of scholarship on such a lot facets of the recent nation's historical past, and no complete money owed of its people's lengthy fight for independence from Ethiopia.
Tavistock Press used to be proven as a co-operative enterprise among the Tavistock Institute and Routledge & Kegan Paul (RKP) within the Nineteen Fifties to supply a chain of significant contributions around the social sciences. This quantity is a part of a 2001 reissue of a variety of these very important works that have because long gone out of print, or are tricky to find.
This booklet offers a entire review of world courtship and marriage customs, from historic heritage to modern society, demonstrating the huge changes in addition to the similarities throughout all of human tradition. • Over three hundred topical entries equipped in alphabetical order make this e-book a entire, easy-to-use source• "Further analyzing" sections following each one access advertise deeper study• images of varied components of marriage ceremony celebrations illustrate the textual content
The sixteen-volume instruction manual of heart American Indians, accomplished in 1976, has been acclaimed internationally because the unmarried most useful source ever produced for these fascinated with the examine of Mesoamerica. whilst it was resolute in 1978 that the guide could be up-to-date periodically, Victoria Reifler Bricker, recognized cultural anthropologist, used to be elected to be basic editor.
- The Ideology of Work: Volume 45 (International Behavioural and Social Sciences, Classics from the Tavistock Press)
- The Downfall of Cartesianism 1673–1712: A Study of Epistemological Issues in Late 17th Century Cartesianism (International Archives of the History of Ideas ... internationales d'histoire des idées)
- Weber's Rationalism and Modern Society: New Translations on Politics, Bureaucracy, and Social Stratification
- Evans-Pritchard: Volume 3 (Mary Douglas: Collected Works)
- Inner City Poverty in Paris and London
- Habermas: Rescuing the Public Sphere (Routledge Studies in Social and Political Thought)
Additional info for Beyond Suppression: Global Perspectives on Youth Violence (Global Crime and Justice)