By David Rosen
This e-book exposes the position of kids in battle, describing the place, why, and the way kids are deployed, the makes an attempt made by means of foreign agencies to guard kids, and the underlying political and cultural matters that make this any such thorny issue.
• A chronology of significant occasions within the efforts to restrict using baby squaddies
• Biographical sketches of recognized baby infantrymen and key figures within the attempt to prohibit using baby infantrymen
• A listing of corporations eager about the kid soldier issue
Read Online or Download Child Soldiers: A Reference Handbook: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Similar social sciences reference books
The historic Dictionary of Eritrea bargains a uniquely entire account of the background, tradition, and top personalities of Africa's most recent self sufficient country. as a result of isolation and risk imposed through Eritrea's 30-year warfare for nationwide independence, and the unavoidably secretive operations of its guerrilla leaders, there was a dearth of scholarship on so much facets of the hot nation's heritage, and no entire money owed of its people's lengthy fight for independence from Ethiopia.
Tavistock Press was once confirmed as a co-operative enterprise among the Tavistock Institute and Routledge & Kegan Paul (RKP) within the Fifties to provide a sequence of significant contributions around the social sciences. This quantity is a part of a 2001 reissue of a variety of these very important works that have considering that long gone out of print, or are tricky to find.
This booklet offers a complete evaluate of world courtship and marriage customs, from historic historical past to modern society, demonstrating the substantial alterations in addition to the similarities throughout all of human tradition. • Over three hundred topical entries prepared in alphabetical order make this e-book a accomplished, easy-to-use source• "Further analyzing" sections following each one access advertise deeper study• photos of assorted parts of marriage ceremony celebrations illustrate the textual content
The sixteen-volume guide of heart American Indians, accomplished in 1976, has been acclaimed internationally because the unmarried most dear source ever produced for these concerned with the examine of Mesoamerica. while it was firm in 1978 that the instruction manual will be up-to-date periodically, Victoria Reifler Bricker, recognized cultural anthropologist, used to be elected to be basic editor.
- Willing and Unwilling: A Study in the Philosophy of Arthur Schopenhauer (Nijhoff International Philosophy Series)
- The Power of the Poppy: Harnessing Nature’s Most Dangerous Plant Ally
- The Geography of Central America and Mexico: A Scholarly Guide and Bibliography
- Voices of the African American Experience
- The Chemical Industry in Europe, 1850–1914: Industrial Growth, Pollution, and Professionalization (Chemists and Chemistry)
- Exploring Gypsiness: Power, Exchange and Interdependence in a Transylvanian Village
Additional resources for Child Soldiers: A Reference Handbook: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)