By R.J. Holton
Cities, Capitalism and Civilization looks on the personality and strong point of Western Civilization. R.J. Holton units out to problem the idea that towns and concrete social periods have shaped the most portion of the development of civilization, and the primary dynamic of Western capitalism.
This booklet used to be first released in 1986.
Read or Download Cities, Capitalism and Civilization: Volume 7 (Controversies in Sociology) PDF
Similar social sciences reference books
The ancient Dictionary of Eritrea bargains a uniquely complete account of the heritage, tradition, and prime personalities of Africa's most recent self reliant country. as a result of isolation and threat imposed through Eritrea's 30-year struggle for nationwide independence, and the inevitably secretive operations of its guerrilla leaders, there was a dearth of scholarship on such a lot elements of the recent nation's background, and no complete money owed of its people's lengthy fight for independence from Ethiopia.
Tavistock Press used to be proven as a co-operative enterprise among the Tavistock Institute and Routledge & Kegan Paul (RKP) within the Fifties to provide a sequence of significant contributions around the social sciences. This quantity is a part of a 2001 reissue of a range of these vital works that have on the grounds that long past out of print, or are tough to find.
This publication offers a entire evaluation of worldwide courtship and marriage customs, from historic historical past to modern society, demonstrating the monstrous transformations in addition to the similarities throughout all of human tradition. • Over three hundred topical entries prepared in alphabetical order make this publication a accomplished, easy-to-use source• "Further interpreting" sections following every one access advertise deeper learn• pictures of varied components of marriage ceremony celebrations illustrate the textual content
The sixteen-volume guide of heart American Indians, accomplished in 1976, has been acclaimed across the world because the unmarried most dear source ever produced for these thinking about the research of Mesoamerica. while it was firm in 1978 that the guide might be up-to-date periodically, Victoria Reifler Bricker, famous cultural anthropologist, used to be elected to be basic editor.
- Human Rights and the World's Major Religions, 2nd Edition: Condensed and Updated Edition
- Recollections of "Tucson Operations": The Millimeter-Wave Observatory of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory: 323 (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- The Downfall of Cartesianism 1673–1712: A Study of Epistemological Issues in Late 17th Century Cartesianism (International Archives of the History of Ideas ... internationales d'histoire des idées)
- Guide to Library User Needs Assessment for Integrated Information Resource: Management and Collection Development (Collection Management and Development Guide)
- Learning for Leadership: Interpersonal and intergroup relations: Volume 54 (International Behavioural and Social Sciences, Classics from the Tavistock Press)
Extra info for Cities, Capitalism and Civilization: Volume 7 (Controversies in Sociology)